Here is a list of common questions that you may ask when meeting your doctor:
- What is the diagnosis?
- What treatment plan do you recommend?
- How long will the treatment take?
- When will we know it’s time to stop treatment?
- Will you or someone else conduct the treatment?
- If someone else, does that person work for you or would this be a referral?
- Will you supervise treatment?
- What are the alternative treatments?
- What are the benefits and the risks associated with the recommended treatment? with the alternative treatments?
If the patient is a child, you might also want to ask: –
- What role will parents play in treatment? our other children? other people?
- What if the child doesn’t want to participate in therapy?
- What else can I do to help my child?
- How often will you talk to me about my child’s progress?